Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship for Non-Chinese Citizens at CQUPT in China, 2019
The new Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship is now available on offer at CQUPT for Undergraduate and Graduate Students. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China
In order to encourage more outstanding international students to pursue a higher education in Chongqing, Chongqing Municipal Government launches the Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship.
Chongqing University of Post and Telecommunications (CQUPT), founded in 1950, is one of the few universities that has been blue-printed and given priority to develop by the State. It has also grown into a prominent university and is acknowledged by its excellence in the field of information industry both within and outside China.Advertisements
- Applications Deadline: April 15, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Doctoral, Master and Undergraduate programme. This scholarship only supports undergraduate and graduate students.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: This scholarship only supports graduate students for no more than 3 academic years or undergraduate students for no more than 4 academic years. This scholarship only covers major study does not include the Chinese Language/preparatory study.
- Doctoral students: 35,000RMB/year
- Master students: 30,000RMB/year
- Bachelor Students: 30,000RMB/year
- Nationality: Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1?Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
2?The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- Be a high school graduates under the age of 25 when apply for the undergraduate programs;
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
3) . Applicants should not be holding any other scholarship provided by Chinese government.
How to Apply: Complete the Application Form for Chongqing Municipal Government Scholarship (Attachment 1) and print a hard copy. And then post all documents to International office of CQUPT before April 15th, 2019.
1). 2 Passport size Photos
2). Application Form for Chongqing Municipal Government Scholarship?written in Chinese or English?;
3) Application Form for Study in CQUPT (application website: https://cqupt.17gz.org/member/login.do )
4). Notarized highest diploma;
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
5). Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
6). A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English) ;
This should be a minimum of 800 words.
7). Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English) ;
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
8).Copy of Passport Home Page
9). Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) (written in English, can be downloaded in the attachment 2) ;
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
10). Papers or Articles Published or to be Published and the copy of valid HSK Certificate ?if available?.
Please use DIN A4. All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order. ?You should submit TWO sets of bound documents). No application documents will be returned.