The EVOCATION MSCA Innovative Training Network project and the Visualization and MultiMedia Lab (VMML) research group in the Department of Informatics at UZH PhD Positions – Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) Fellowships for highly motivated candidates. Positions are available for international students.
EVOCATION is a leading European-wide doctoral Collegium for research in Advanced Visual and Geometric Computing for 3D Capture, Display, and Fabrication. The Collegium will train the next generation of creative, entrepreneurial and innovative experts who will be equipped with the necessary skills and competencies to face current and future major challenges in scalable and high-fidelity shape and appearance acquisition, extraction of structure and semantic information, processing, visualization, 3D display and 3D fabrication in professional and consumer applications.
- Applications Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Course Level: Positions are available to study PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in Advanced Visual and Geometric Computing for 3D Capture, Display, and Fabrication (EVOCATION), a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network.
- Scholarship Award: The University offers 36-months PhD training programs coordinated among the eight academic and industrial partners of the EVOCATION project.
- Nationality: Positions are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Positions are available for International students.Advertisements
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
We are looking for highly motivated candidates for becoming the next generation of early-stage scientific and industrial researchers (ESRs) who in the future will lead research and development of novel visual and geometric computing methodologies in a wide range of industries and application domains.
The positions generally require prior knowledge in computer graphics, computer vision, or visual computing. Hence, the background needs to be an MSc in Computer Science or a closely related field. Skills in programming (e.g. C/C++, Python, Matlab, OpenGL, OpenCV) are required.
Sprachkenntnisse / Language requirements
German is not required, English is mandatory.
Computerkenntnisse / Computer skills
C/C++, Python, Matlab, OpenGL, OpenCV
Spezielle Anforderungen / Special requirements
Each applicant must fulfil the following criteria at the time of recruitment:
1. The applicant must fulfil the requirements defined for Early Stage Researchers (ESRs)
2. ESRs are researchers who, at the time of recruitment are in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of his/her research career; and
3. Have not yet been awarded the doctorate degree.
You need to be flexible to travel throughout Europe in order to exchange expertise between the partners of EVOCATION consortia and should be proficient in English.
Applicants should not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, study, etc) in the host country for more than 12 months during the last 3 years. This information will determine whether you fulfil the EU mobility rule for the position.
How to Apply: Please apply online at the following Internet address: