The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) is delighted to offer Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) Scholarships at UNNC and CNITECH in China. Scholarships are available for International students.
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. Established in 2004, with the full approval of the Chinese Ministry of Education, we are run by The University of Nottingham with co-operation from Zhejiang Wanli Education Group, a key player in the education sector in China.
- Applications Deadline: March 15, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The above scholarships are to support research projects outlined under the following themes:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Composite Materials
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- New Material Science
- Scholarship Award: The available PhD scholarships cover:
- Tuition fee
- Accommodation at CNITECH for PhD candidate only (accommodation type is based on availability)
- Monthly stipend (RMB3,500)
- Medical insurance with designate providers
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
- All regulations set out in the UNNC PGR Scholarship Policy apply
In addition to the above scholarship, successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out paid teaching or research assistant duties at UNNC.Advertisements
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Ten scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have a first class honours undergraduate degree or 65% and above for a Masters’ degree from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions
- Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency
|English Language Proficiency|
|Qualification||DTP Scholarship Programmes|
|IELTS||6.5(?6.0 in all elements)|
|PTE Academic||62(min 55)|
|TOEFL (IBT)||87 (minimum 20 in Speaking and 19 in all other elements)|
- More details can be found on the ‘ entry requirements’ page of the website.
How to Apply: Please email scanned copies of the following documents to PHDadmissions-at-nottingham.edu.cn by 16:00 (China time) on the application deadline. All documents must be in English except the copy of Chinese national ID. If original documents are not in English, a translated English version is required in addition to the original one. An application missing any of the following documents is incomplete and will not be considered.
Click for document list
- A completed application form (all fields filled)
- A research proposal
- A brief CV
- Copies of degree certificates for undergraduate and postgraduate studies (Xueli certificates are required too for applicants from Chinese universities)
- Official transcripts with marks for all individual modules/courses from undergraduate and postgraduate studies (with official university stamp)
- English language test score (not required for native English speakers)
- Two references (must be emailed directly by the referees)
- A copy of ID or passport (both sides of an ID card required)
- An electronic copy of passport-sized photo taken within three months of this application