How Pastor Adeboye’s prayer saved me from Helicopter crash – Osinbajo
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has stated that the prayer by Pastor Adeboye was what helped him escape an helicopter crash last week in Kabba, Kogi State.
Osinbajo aslo revealed that his aged mother would have lost two some had it been the occupants of the helicopter died during the crash.
He made this known during a Thanksgiving ceremony at a branch of the Redeemed Christian Church of God in Lokoka, Kogi State.
According to the vice president:
“On Friday, we went to (RCCG) camp; usually, I attend our Holy Ghost service. We came in very late from Akwa Ibom State. In fact, we arrived just in time for the grace at the end of the service.
“Thereafter, our Daddy in the Lord, (G.O) Pastor Adeboye, wanted to speak to me. He asked me how things were going on, the campaign activities and all that, and I explained everything; what I was doing on the campaign trail and all of that, some of the challenges.
“He then said, ‘I am going to pray for you.’ He said a prayer that turned out to be very interesting because usually, as you know, he doesn’t pray for long.
“He said ‘Lord God Almighty, I want you to protect this man,’ He said it three times and paused, then he continued. ‘You know how very dear he is to my heart. I want you to protect him.’ I found it very funny that he repeated it several times and then he prayed for favour and other things.
“So, when the crash happened, immediately it dawned on me that the Lord God had led him to say that very special prayer. And the Lord God Almighty delivered us in accordance with His word that, ‘even when 10,000 fall by our side, no harm whatsoever, will come near us.’ I just want to thank the Almighty God for His grace and mercy that has been so abundant in my life and in all of our lives who are here.”
Applications are invited for 10 PhD Positions in the Plant Sciences within the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) Cologne & Düsseldorf. Scholarships are open to highly qualified and motivated students from any nationality with an MSc (or equivalent) degree in a related subject.
Positions are available in various topics of the Plant Sciences, including Computational Biology, Plant Genetics, Structural Biology, Plant Immunity, Developmental Biology, Natural Variation.
The IMPRS has been established in 2002 and offers an international PhD programmed in English. Students are closely supervised through an advisory committee, receive professional training in transferable and applicable skills and are supported to share their scientific insights
The IMPRS is looking for highly qualified and motivated students from any nationality with an MSc (or equivalent) degree in a related subject. Applicants should have a proved track record of academic and research excellence and be fluent in written and spoken English.
• Application Deadline: January 4, 2019
• Course Level: Scholarships are available to study PhD program.
• Study Subject: Positions are available in various topics of the Plant Sciences, including Computational Biology, Plant Genetics, Structural Biology, Plant Immunity, Developmental Biology, and Natural Variation. Have a look at the available projects here and name three favourite projects in the online application.
• Scholarship Award: PhD researchers are fully funded through an initial 3-year working contract with the Max Planck Society with an option to extend. Salaries are competitive to national standards. The PhD degree is awarded through the University of Cologne which charges a tuition fee. The tuition fee covers training and mentoring opportunities at the University of Cologne as well as public transport throughout North Rhine-Westphalia.
• Nationality: Positions are available to students from all Nationalities.
• Number of scholarship: 10
• Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
• Eligible Countries: Positions are available to students from all Nationalities
• Entrance Requirement: Applications are invited from candidates who have completed or are in the process of completing a Master degree in a related field. Applicants still studying should anticipate receiving their degree not later than 6 months after the interview date in mid-March.
• How to Apply: Apply by January 4, 2019, at gradschool.mpipz.mpg.de
• Only applications submitted through the online platform will be considered.
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the MPIPZ for interviews on March 18-21, 2019
• Successful candidates will start their projects in autumn 2019 (favourable October 1, 2019)