Man shot dead by unknown gunmen in Ikorodu (Photo)
A yet to be identified man was shot dead by unknown gunmen in Ikorodu, Lagos state today, Friday February 8th, 2019.Share
According to residents of the area, the gunmen killed the man on Ajasa Lamberu Street, Obafemi Awolowo Road, Grammar School, Ikorodu.
While one eyewitness said he was called out from a Hotel in the area and shot dead, another said he was lured to the area on a bike. Other eyewitnesses say the the killing is cult related.
The police has been alerted and investigations into the matter is ongoing. The remains of the man has been evacuated and deposited in the morgue.
See photo below;
The University of Southampton is awarding fully funded international PhD studentships available for October 2019 start. UK, EU and international applicants are welcome.
The University of Southampton is a public research university located in Southampton, England. Southampton is a founding member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities in Britain.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: August 31, 2019
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, and related subjects.
- Scholarship Award: Full tuition plus stipend of £14,777 tax-free per annum for up to 3.5 years. The studentships are fully funded for 3.5 years, including tuition fees and a tax-free bursary.
- Nationality: UK, EU and international applicants are welcome.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not known
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: UK, EU and international applicants are welcome.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Entry requirements: first or upper second-class degree or equivalent.
Applicants must have a first or upper second-class degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university, and a solid grounding in Optics/Electromagnetism. The studentships are fully funded for 3.5 years, including tuition fees and a tax-free bursary.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Apply online at www.soton.ac.uk/postgraduate/pgstudy/howdoiapplypg.html selecting “PhD ORC” as degree and “metamaterials” as field of study.