Lady who beat, stripped friend for sleeping with her husband, imprisoned
A woman, Ngozi Akakem, who beat and stripped her friend for sleeping with her husband, has been imprisoned after being arraigned in a court in Owerri, Imo state.
Ngozi had physically assaulted Nkiru last month and recorded the incident on camera – the video was later posted on the internet after which it went viral.
According to reports, Ngozi went to Nkiru’s house with thugs and humiliated her at gunpoint – she was also said to have tried to blackmail her to pay to prevent the video from being released.
Ngozi was arraigned on a 10 count charge, yesterday, but she pleaded not guilty.
The Magistrate granted her bail to the tune of N1 million and the matter was adjourned to 28th of March, 2019. She was remanded in prison till she will perfect her bail conditions.
Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology at University of Copenhagen is calling applications from International applicants to apply for its PhD fellowship in Organic Chemistry / Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
This project is embedded in the development of novel Positron-Emission-Tomography (PET) tracers and aims to 3H-label and evaluate prime candidates that will be developed within our MC-ITN-ETN network.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
- Applications Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to study PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in Organic Chemistry / Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Three fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
As an applicant you must have:
- Obtained a Master´s degree in chemistry, pharmacy or related areas prior to the starting date
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills
Formal requirements and eligibility
At the time of commencement, it is required that the candidates have not been awarded a PhD degree and are within the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers. Furthermore, the candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Denmark for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a strong background in/experience with organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, radiochemistry, pharmacy or similar.
English Language Requirements: Fellows must have fluency in English and excellent communication skills.
How to Apply: The application, in English, must be submitted electronically.
Your application must include:
- Cover letter: Letter stating the interest in and qualifications for the project (max. one page)
- Full CV
- Diploma and transcripts of records: Master´s degree diploma (including grade transcripts for bachelor´s and master´s degrees). Applicants with a Master´s degree from abroad should also enclose a short description of the grading scale used Possible publication list
- Other information to consider: Possible references and recommendations