#NigeriaDecides2019result : Buhari defeats Atiku in Osun State
The Presidential Candidate of the All Progressive Congress has emerged victorious in Osun state after recording a superior number of votes – Three hundred and Forty-Seven Thousand, Six Hundred and Thirty Four, While the People’s Democratic Party got Three Hundred and Thirty Seven Thousand, Three Hundred and Seventy-Seven Votes.
APC – 347, 634
PDP – 337, 377
Total Valid Votes
Number of Invalid/Rejected Votes :
Total Votes Cast ;
The University of Newcastle is proud to offer the PhD Scholarship in Developing Treatments for Myopia. The scholarship is awarded to Domestic and International students.
The ultimate aim is to develop treatments that halt the relentless progression of myopia, or for those who have already developed high myopia, to stop the development of associated changes in the eye that lead to profound blindness.
UON stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence and to creating a better future for its regions through a focus on innovation and impact.
The University of Newcastle (UoN), informally known as Newcastle University, is an Australian public university established in 1965. It has a primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales.
- Applications Deadline: August 20, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The project will be tailored to suit the background and interest of applicants and would be undertaken in the Vision Sciences Group in the School of Psychology, a member of The Hunter Medical Research Institute, and in collaboration with International colleagues and Industry partners.
- Scholarship Award: The successful applicant will receive a top up scholarship of up to $10,000/annum (depending on qualifications and experience) expiring in March 2021. An extension beyond March 2021 may also be possible depending on funding availability. This top up is in addition to the Round Two 2018 scholarship that applicants must be awarded to be eligible for the top up.
- Nationality: Scholarship is awarded to Domestic and International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is awarded to Domestic and International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
A background in one or more of optometry, ophthalmology, chemistry, polymer chemistry, drug development, imaging and optics, experimental psychology, bio-engineering or molecular biology is preferred. To receive this top-up, applicants must meet the minimum eligibility criteria and be awarded a full living allowance and tuition fee scholarship in the Round Two 2018 scholarship round. Details of that round, and the scholarship benefits, are available on the scholarships webpage. The application form for a Round Two 2018 scholarship, along with the Expression of Interest form for this top up, can be found on the How to Apply webpage.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a completed Expression of Interest form, along with scanned copies of their academic transcripts to Sally.McFadden-at-newcastle.edu.au by 20 August 2018 at 5pm.