Saraki loses in Kwara Central Senatorial district
Senate President Bukola Saraki has lost his re-election bid in all the local governments in his Kwara Central Senatorial District in Saturday’s National Assembly elections.
The local governments are Asa, Ilorin South, Ilorin East and Ilorin West, the Senate President own local government.
Result announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission Sunday evening showed that in Ilorin West, APC polled 51, 531 while the PDP polled 30,075, Premium Times reports.
The number of registered voters were 224, 494.
While accredited voters were 91,130.
The commission will officially announce the winner of the Senate seat. But based on the announced results, Mr Saraki has effectively been removed.
The Maynooth University Department of Computer Science is inviting applications for PhD Studentship in Computer Vision for Autonomous Vehicles. International students are eligible to apply for this studentship programme.
The National University of Ireland, Maynooth, commonly known as Maynooth University, is a constituent university of the National University of Ireland in Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Applications Deadline: August 10, 2018
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in the field of Computer Vision for Autonomous Vehicles. The topic of the PhD is robust data-association in multi-session and collaborative simultaneous localisation and mapping (SLAM).
- Scholarship Award: The position is fully funded for 4 years.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this studentship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this studentship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The successful candidate must have: –
- A Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or a cognate discipline, with a final grade of 2.1H or higher (or equivalent)
- Prior modules completed in a selection of the following topics: computer vision, robotics,
- AI/machine learning
- A strong mathematical background
- Excellent software development and programming skills, with a strong capability in C++
- Experience in working with Linux based systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience in the following is also desirable:
- Application of computer vision/ robotics/machine learning to real-world problems (e.g. through previous projects, internships, etc.)
- Python, Open CV, the Robotics Operating System (ROS), Deep Learning Frameworks (e.g. pytorch, TensorFlow, etc.)
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply: Applications including a cover letter, full CV, and contact details of two academic referees should be sent to Dr. John McDonald (John.McDonald-at-mu.ie) with the subject line “LERO PhD 08/18”.