Man’s corpse discovered in Rivers after bleeding to death during election (Graphic photo)
Another corpse has just been discovered in the Abonnema community in Akuku-Toru Local Council Rivers State, following the violence that rocked the area in the just concluded presidential and national assembly elections.
It was gathered that the victim tried to save his life but unfortunately bled to death. Sources in the town claimed that over 20 persons were killed during the disturbances between rival political thugs that brought the polls to an abrupt end.
The military reportedly laid siege to all waterways, thus checking the movement in and out of the island locality.
Graphic photo below
Anton Dohrn Zoological Station Naples is looking for a talented and enthusiastic marine ecologist with a background in biogeochemistry or aquatic microbial ecology, for a PhD position focusing on the project “Microbe-host associations as drivers of Benthic C and N Cycling in a changing Mediterranean Sea” (eMBraCE).
The project is a collaborative partnership between the University of Bremen and the Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn (SZN), Italy.
The mission of the Stazione Zoologica is the research of the fundamental processes of biology, which include marine organisms and their biodiversity, in close link with the study of their evolution and the dynamics of marine ecosystems, using an integrated and interdisciplinary approach. The study of the resulting biotechnological applications is part of the mission of SZN.
- Applications Deadline: July 29, 2018 or until a qualified candidate is identified
- Course Level: PhDPosition is available to pursue PhD programe.
- Study Subject: PhD position focusing on the project “Microbe-host associations as drivers of Benthic C and N Cycling in a changing MEditerranean Sea” (eMBraCE). The project is a collaborative partnership between the University of Bremen and the Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn (SZN), Italy.
- Scholarship Award: The position is funded for a three-year period and depends on final approval by collaboration partners. Envisioned start is November 2018. You will be appointed as a PhD candidate in the German university system and your salary will be according to the German TV-L 13 for a 50 % position. The University of Bremen is an equal opportunity employer and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this PhD position scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants for this PhD position must meet the following criteria:
You should hold a Master degree in marine biology, biogeochemistry, microbial ecology, or related fields. In addition, you should have a good command of spoken and written English, have a passion for science, a demonstrated ability to conduct and report about research, and a strong motivation to work in the fields of coastal biogeochemistry and microbial ecology. Expertise in physiological, biogeochemical, and/or molecular & modelling tools along with technical expertise of experimental works in aquarium facilities and/or at sea is assets. A scuba diving certificate – in the best case European research diver qualification – is an additional asset.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply, please send a motivation letter and a complete CV with list of publications and skills along with names of two referees (with email addresses and phone numbers) in a single pdf-file to Prof. Christian Wild and Dr. Ulisse Cardini (see emails below). Only short-listed candidates will be notified.