I am very grateful to the over 15 million citizens who voted for me – President Buhari
Moments ago, President Muhammadu Buhari received his certificate of return as ‘president-elect’ from INEC alongside his VP, Yemi Osinbajo.
At the ceremony, President Buhari said, ‘I am grateful to God for sparing our lives to witness another milestone in Nigeria’s democratic development namely conclusion of the Presidential election in an overwhelmingly peaceful manner’.
See the rest of his statement below;
I wish, Mr Chairman, to congratulate all the Presidential candidates and their teams on a hard-fought campaign. We may have had different views during the campaign, but the one thing most of us have in common is love of our country and our desire to improve conditions for Nigerians.
From the comments of several observers both local and foreign, it is obvious that the elections were both free and fair.
Now that the elections are over, and a winner declared, we must all see it as a victory for Nigeria, our dear country. That was why I encouraged my teeming supporters, in a speech I read earlier today, not to gloat. Our God-given victory is enough cause for joy, without deriding those who were in the opposition. All Nigerians, going forward, must stand in brotherhood, for a bright and fulfilling future.
I therefore want to assure that we will continue to engage all parties that have the best interest of Nigerians at heart. Our Government will remain inclusive and our doors will remain open. That is the way to build the country of our dream; safe, secure, prosperous, and free of impunity and primitive accumulation by those entrusted with public offices.
The hard work to deliver a better Nigeria continues, building on the foundations of peace, rule of law and opportunities for all. We will roll up our sleeves afresh, and give it our all. We have no other motive than to serve Nigeria with our hearts and might, and build a nation which we and generations to come can be proud of.
I am very grateful to the over 15 million citizens who voted for me, those who contributed in many ways in the running of our successful campaign, and those at home and abroad who expressed confidence in me and the APC Government. I thank you all.
I can assure that you will see a country moving to the Next Level, as we consolidate on our fundamental areas of securing the country, reviving the economy, and fighting corruption. Many other focal areas, as stated in our campaign manual, will be added, to the good things we plan for our country.
Let me pay tribute here to those who lost their lives either through accidents or mindless violence during the course of these elections. My heart and thoughts are with the families of the victims. May God comfort and give them the fortitude to bear the loss.
Election is not war, and should never be seen as a do or die affair. I pray that we all accept this democratic approach to elections, however contentious.
Thank you all and may God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science at the University of Copenhagen is delighted to offer two PhD fellowships in Lanthanide Solution Chemistry commencing in the period from 01.09.2018 – 31.08.2021. The positions are open to candidates with a curiosity-driven approach to chemistry.
The main project is designing new ligands for lanthanide ions. The candidate will work on making newly tailored ligands for trivalent lanthanide ions with specific applications in mind.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
- Applications Deadline: August 1, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The positions are available as a 3 year PhD fellowship or in the Integrated MSc and PhD Scheme.
- Scholarship Award: The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 317.459 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 43.852). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants should hold a BA or an MSc degree in chemistry with good results and have good English skills. As criteria for the assessment of your qualifications, emphasis will also be laid on statements from project supervisors and relevant work experience.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have good English skills.
How to Apply: The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
– Motivation letter including a description of what it is that drives you to pursue a PhD degree
– Cover Letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for, detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project, and including full contact details for 2-4 referees who will support your application and who we may contact if relevant
– Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc/BA/MChem/MSc or equivalent)
– Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme in SCIENCE, if relevant
– Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any)
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.