450 UNIL PhD Fellowships in Life Sciences for Swiss and International Students in Switzerland, 2019
Results declared by INEC were authentic and verified – UK government
The United Kingdom (UK) says results from last Saturday’s presidential and National Assembly elections are verified and authentic.
The UK’s statement comes amidst claims by the PDP and other political parties that the elections was married by electoral irregularities and fraud.
UK’s minister of state for Africa, Harriett Baldwin, in a statement released, said the results declared by INEC are authentic and consistent with the civil society parallel vote tabulation process.
“I offer my congratulations to President Buhari on securing a second term as the Nigerian President. The UK is a long-standing friend and partner of Nigeria and the Nigerian people, and a stable and prosperous Nigeria benefits Africa and the world. The Nigerian people have demonstrated resilience and a commitment to democracy.
The result declared by the Nigerian election commission is consistent with the result obtained through the civil society Parallel Vote Tabulation process. Along with our international partners, the UK believes the Nigerian people can have confidence in the result.” the statement read
The statement further stated that the UK government expects anyone in doubt of the authenticity of the results, should contest it in the most civil manner.
“We also recognise that independent Nigerian voices have expressed concerns about the conduct of the electoral process, in particular logistics and results collation, and reports of intimidation of election officials.
“We urge any party or individual who wishes to challenge the process to do so peacefully and through the appropriate legal channel and we encourage Nigerian authorities to examine all allegations of wrongdoing carefully, and take the necessary action against individuals found responsible.
“My thoughts are also with the families and friends of those who lost their lives in election-related violence. No one should die in the exercise of their democratic rights. We will continue to support Nigeria and its civil society in drawing lessons from these elections and strengthening its democracy.” the statement read
President Buhari’s main contender, Atiku Abubakar of the PDP has since rejected the results and indicated he will be challenging it in court.
The Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne is offering PhD Fellowships in Life Sciences starting May 2019. These PhD fellowships are open to talented and motivated candidates who have or will have obtained Masters in Switzerland or abroad.
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of theology, before being made a university in 1890. Today about 13,500 students and 2,200 researchers study and work at the university.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
- Applications Deadline: October 12, 2018
- Course Level: PhD Fellowships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Among others : Angiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, Center for Integrative Genomics, Clinical Neurosciences, Computational Biology, Ecology and Evolution, Fundamental Microbiology, Fundamental Neurosciences, Fundamental Oncology, Gynecology, obstetrics and genetics, Hematology, Infectious Diseases, Ludwig Center For Cancer Research, Medical Genetics, Microbiology, Neuroimmunology, Neurology, Oncology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Physiology, Plant Molecular Biology, Pneumology, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Neuroscience, Public Health, Radiodiagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Rheumatology, Urology
- Nationality: Swiss and international students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 450 PhD Fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Swiss and international students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Talented and motivated candidates who have or will have obtained Masters in Switzerland or abroad or equivalent degrees in an appropriate field before Autumn 2019 are invited to submit their application for PhD fellowships before October 12, 2018.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Step 1: Find a host lab
- You have first to choose at least one laboratory (three max.), please browse “Host Labs“,
- Contact thesis directors of interest from the Lausanne University and if they appreciate your CV, ask them to send you a confirmation by email that he/she agrees to act as your potential thesis director,
- You should mention his/her name in your application form.
STEP 2: Fill in the PDF application form
- Download the Application Formon your desktop and fill in it: It must be fully completed! Please note that it is possible to fill out the form directly on the PDF. If you cannot write anything, please look at the top of the internet page and click on “open with another PDF viewer”. Alternatively, you could also print the form, fill it out by hand (make sure it is readable) and scan it.
STEP 3: Prepare your file
Prepare the following documents:
- A complete Curriculum Vitae
- 1 passport size photographC.Copy of your passport or identity cardD. Copies of your high school diplomaE. A certified copy of the university diploma(s) and the diploma supplement, your scores (transcripts) obtained through exams passed at the university (non-certified copies are sufficient for candidates holding a Bachelor and a Master degree awarded by a Swiss university).
D or E: Copies of certified transcripts, listing courses and grades: These transcripts should be translated (if not originally in English) in French, German, Italian or English.
F. We requirethree referees from preferably different departments and/or institutes/research groups. Each of them should provide a letter of recommendation. On the “Online Form” you have to fill in the three names of the referees you have chosen. As soon as you write their e-mail address, an e-mail with a form will automatically be sent to them. They will then fill it in and send it back directly to us. The recommendation letter should not come from the hosting lab.
- The copy(ies) of the confirmation e-mail(s)sent by the potential(s) thesis director(s)
(see STEP 1).
STEP 4: You are now ready to fill in the “Online Form”!
- Merge in a PDF file the following documents in this order: Application form, A, B, C, D, E and G. Name of the file Name_First Name_Birth Date.pdf (e.g. pdf) Max: 20 Mo (you can zip the document).
- Advice: To merge PDF documents together, you can use this online platform, the Adobe Acrobat XI Pro software or any other software or platform you may find useful. Also, to transform jpeg documents in PDF, you can use this online platform, a PDF printer or any other method you may find useful. Please note that we will NOT take responsibility for the use/misuse of any of these software and platforms.
- Fill-in the “Online Form” and submit (on-line) the requested documents (in the format described in STEP 2 and 3)
Search here for more PhD scholarships in Switzerland!