Friends mourn as FUO graduate commits suicide ahead of her NYSC
Ebiere Asu, a 2018 English and Communication graduate of the Federal University, Otuoke, is dead. According to her friends, she took her own life on Tuesday, February, 26, 2018, after battling depression.
Ebiere, who was meant to proceed on her NYSC in March, allegedly locked herself up in the toilet and was later found dead after the door was forced open.
The University of Newcastle Australia is inviting applications for PhD Scholarship Opportunities in Ecology and demography of a threatened amphibian community. The scholarship is available to Domestic and International students.
The University of Newcastle (UoN), informally known as Newcastle University, is an Australian public university established in 1965. It has a primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales.
- Applications Deadline: July 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The project will be working as part of a research team focusing on the ecology, demography and habitat requirements of threatened native amphibians in freshwater streams within the south west of the Sydney Basin biogeographic region.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for Domestic and International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for Domestic and International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Entry to an HDR requires an appropriate undergraduate degree (e.g. BSc, BEnvSci, BNatResMgt, BAppSci, or similar) with honours or equivalent (e.g. A Master degree or a portfolio of work that would be judged to be equivalent to an honours year).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send an email expressing their interest, including scanned copies of their academic transcripts, CV, a brief statement of their research interests and a proposal that specifically links them to the research project, to Michael.mahony-at-newcastle.edu.au by 30 July 2018 at 5 pm.