Nigerian lawyer becomes a mom after 16-years of marriage (Photos)
Being childless in marriage can be a very excruciating experience and no one should go through it, however, many people have suffered barrenness, and enduring years of pain.
One of such women is Amara, a lawyer who was married for 16 years before having a child. The happy woman has now testified of how she covered the shame of childlessness with her sisters’ kids.
She also showered praises on her husband for his understanding and encouragement during their years of pain.
Below is what she shared on her Instagram page: (sic)
“When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.psa 126 : 1,I still can’t fathom that I’m a MOTHER,I look at my Son steady n say to myself so this is mine?all these years I’ve been using my sisters kids to cover my shame,didn’t want to be pitied
“I come out strong n fulfilled but,in my war room all I do is cry to God,asking him wat I’ve done to deserve this wilderness I’m in,knowing that I got married in my teens…
“The journey of 16 years looked like 16days coz of this angel I call “Hubby” a man that will take a bullet for me and still come to check my body to make sure I don’t ve a wound
“pple call me “pampered wife” coz of the way he spoils me with Love, he’s words “we can neva be childlesss”
“During our wait gave me strength and the day we found out we where pregnant,he broke down to tears,for the first time in 16years I saw my husband cry
“Seeing him in tears made me cry like a baby,husbands like u re rear,u re not human u re an angel in disguise,and someone said u deserve an award “ Man of the year Award”
“And others said I should never in my life do u bad, Thank you Akwa’m for Everything just don’t ve an option but to tell the world how greatful I am.”
Below are more photos of the woman:
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is delighted to offer PhD Scholarship within the Faculty of Engineering in Electronics and informatics starting on 1 October 2018. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is an internationally oriented university in Brussels, the heart of Europe. By delivering high-quality research and customized education, the VUB wants to make an active and committed contribution to a better society. That is our mission.
Mastering the Dutch language is recommended. Candidates who are not competent in Dutch must be prepared to improve their Dutch language proficiency to the B2 level.
- Applications Deadline: September 4, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded within the Faculty of Engineering – Electronics and informatics. The candidate will combine these tasks with PhD-research in one of the following domains:
- Sensor Networks
- Security Design for the Internet of Things
- Hardware aspects of Smart Embedded Devices
- Embedded AI and embedded vision
The research topic will be chosen with respect for the interest and the background of the candidate.
- Scholarship Award: As an employee of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel your days will be spent in a dynamic, diverse and multilingual environment. Both our campuses are set within green oases on the outskirts of the centre of the capital of Flanders, Belgium and Europe. This centre, with all its opportunities, is within your reach by public transport in under half an hour.
Depending on your experience and academic merits you will receive a salary on one of the pay scales laid down by the government. Hospitalisation cover and free use of public transport for travel to and from work are standard conditions of employment. If you would rather cycle to work, compensation is also available for that. Both campuses have extensive sporting facilities which are at your disposal and a nursery is within walking distance.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Master in Science, Industrial Sciences or Engineering with a specification related to Electronics and informatics.
- Excellent pedagogical skills.
- Excellent research capacities.
- The candidate is expected to endorse the educational vision of the university (full text available on the university website).
- Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Mastering the Dutch language is recommended. Candidates who are not competent in Dutch must be prepared to improve their Dutch language proficiency to the B2 level.
- Every first appointment depends upon the successful performance of a teaching session.
English Language Requirements: Mastering the Dutch language is recommended. Candidates who are not competent in Dutch must be prepared to improve their Dutch language proficiency to the B2 level.
How to Apply: Applications can only be submitted online (via the website of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
All applications must at least include the following attachments:
- A brief CV
- A concise statement of the reason for applying including the explanation about the development of future research