50 ISPM SSPH+ Global PhD Fellowships in Public Health Sciences in Switzerland, 2018
“I’ll be tough in the next four years“ — President Buhari
President Buhari has warned that he will be tough in his governance of the country in the next four years.
President Buhari was re-elected after last Saturday’s election results were announced onTuesday February 26th.
He gave the warning while receiving members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) who paid him a congratulatory visit.
According to President Buhari, this his new tenure will see him intensify his efforts in the three areas of security, economy and fighting corruption.
President Buhari said he had to constantly remind Nigerians of his pledge to ensure security, a robust economy by providing employment to able-bodied youth and tackling corruption.
He also disclosed that he campaigned in all the 36 states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory to prove to his critics that he was fit.
Friday’s meeting was attended by the vice president, Yemi Osinbajo, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, Head of Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita, National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno and over 20 ministers.
The highlight of the meeting was the presentation of congratulatory cards to the president by the SGF and Head of Civil Service of the Federation on behalf of the federal cabinet and the public service.
The SSPH+ Global PhD Program in Public Health Sciences co-funded by Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (Horizon 2020 – COFUND) is now available for talented students from around the world.
GlobalP3HS is an innovative Swiss doctoral program designed to competitively recruit exceptionally talented students from all over the world.
The mission of the Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine (ISPM) is to contribute to the promotion of health and prevention of disease through research, teaching and services at home and internationally; Advance and disseminate knowledge of health and disease in populations through rigorous and interdisciplinary academic research.
- Applications Deadline: October 12, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study Public Health science.
- Scholarship Award: Young scientists interested in proposing, learning, and performing cutting-edge research in public health sciences and keen to become the next generation of public health leaders in both the academic and non-academic sector, are invited to apply for one of, in total, 50 doctoral fellowships of up to 42 months in duration.
- Nationality: Talented students from all around the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 50 scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Talented students from all around the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree
- Applicants must fulfil the mobility rules of MSCA (coming from abroad)
- Applicants must find an SSPH+ Faculty member who agrees on acting as PhD supervisor
- Applicants must be eligible for a PhD at the Swiss university of their chosen supervisor
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: For further information contact globalp3hs-at-ssphplus.ch.