DAAD Graduation Scholarships for International Students in Germany, 2018
How ‘APC Guys’ collected Atiku’s dollars but voted Buhari – Oshiomhole reveals
Adams Oshiomhole, National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has revealed that party members collected dollars on offer by Atiku Abubakar in the leadup to the 2015 presidential election.
However, he said that they still ended up handing the party’s ticket to President Muhammadu Buhari.
Oshiomhole said this on Thursday during a ‘World Press Conference’ he held in Abuja, as a follow-up to the one by Atiku on Wednesday, during which the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate described Saturday’s election as the worst in Nigeria’s history.
After attacking Atiku for jumping from party to party since leaving office as Vice President in 2007, Oshiomhole recounted how Atiku bribed APC members ahead of the 2014 presidential primary of the APC:
“He joined us in Lagos, rolled out the dollars, and President Muhammadu Buhari had to say to APC people, myself inclusive: ‘I have no dollars to give. I do not have Intel or Itel [sic]; I do not have foreign account, and even if I have I will not give. All I offer is all my heart.
“The APC guys who couldn’t resist Atiku’s dollars collected those dollars, and voted for Buhari as our candidate.”
The TU Dortmund University is inviting applications for graduation scholarships to international students from the DAAD Logo klein project STIBET I. Graduation scholarships can only be provided to international students and doctoral candidates who achieved good academic performance, have registered their thesis and are in financial crisis.
Since its founding 49 years ago, TU Dortmund University has developed a profile of its very own. With 16 faculties ranging from science and engineering to social sciences and cultural studies, the university currently has near to 34,600 students and 6,200 members of staff, including 300 professors. There are about 80-degree programs to choose from, some classic, some innovative, and some even unique to this university. We also offer a comprehensive program of teacher training for all types of school.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: August 6, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to graduate degree as well as doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: These scholarships are for students writing their PhD, bachelor or master’s thesis.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship sum is set by the DAAD. Grantees receive a minimum of 250 Euros a month. The duration of scholarship funding can range from one to three months. A scholarship extension is generally possible; however, applicants are required to reapply.
- Nationality: Available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Graduation scholarships can only be provided to international students and doctoral candidates who achieved good academic performance, have registered their thesis and are in financial crisis.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please submit your application to the International Office on time via mail (Emil- Figge Str. 61, 44227 Dortmund). You can also drop your application off at the after-hours mailbox located next to the main building of the International Office or at room 2019B or personally to Ms. Wasila Al-Dubai.
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Confirmation of registration for your final paper (page 9of the application; to be filled out by the Examinations Office) (Prüfungsamt)
- Current certificate of enrollment
- Current overview of your grades
- Copy of your residency permit
- Bank statements for the last three months (June to August 2018)
- Proof of a blocked account, legal obligation to pay, scholarship or earnings
- If applicable, credit card statements for the last three months
- If applicable, bank statements from your spouse
- If applicable, a copy of your current work contract