Why I’ve never kissed any woman in movies –Ogogo
59-year-old actor veteran actor and producer, Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, often perceived as a disciplined and strict character explains why he has never kissed a woman in a movie and why he cautions himself when it comes to having physical contact with a member of the opposite s3x.
“I don’t really like romantic roles, but when I have to do them, I have my limitations. How would my wife and children feel if they always see me kissing other women in a movie? For example, I have never kissed a woman in a movie; the most I can do is to give them a peck.
“One particular actress tried to kiss me on a movie set. I won’t mention her name, but after the act, she confessed that she had been looking for an opportunity to kiss me. After that incident, such never happened again. I see everybody that comes to me as my fan, even women. If I tell you that I don’t have a girlfriend, will you believe it? Every well-built man will always be admired by ladies,” he told Saturday Beats.
Asked about his youthful look despite being close to 60, Hassan noted that he still boxes in his home in order to keep fit.
“I am close to 60 and I am used to getting compliments that I look young; the secret to having this physique is boxing. I used to be a boxer, and I still box in my house to keep my body in shape. I am still a young man at heart, I love listening to songs by Olamide and Small Doctor. I can still act action movies like Owo Blow even though I am close to 60. I can still play the role of an armed robber in movies, to tell you how fit I am,” he said.
The University of Groningen is awarding PhD positions in Soft Robotics starting in October 1, 2018. International students are eligible to apply for this position.
The goal of MAGNIFY is to design and realize a new generation of artificial muscles for robotic systems, characterized by high force-to-weight ratio, high flexibility, fast reacting properties, and intrinsic rigidity tuning.
The University of Groningen provides top-quality educational programmes. We offer a wide variety of interesting, highly regarded degree programmes that rank well internationally. As our student, you will receive high-quality supervision and have many programmes to choose from. As an exceptionally motivated and talented student, you could join our Honours College for an extra challenge.
- Applications Deadline: July 15/July 16, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in soft robotics.
- Scholarship Award: The University of Groningen offers a salary of € 2,222 gross per month in the first year, up to a maximum of € 2,840 gross per month in the fourth and final year (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities CAO NU), based on a full-time position (1.0 FTE), excluding a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and a 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance. The positions are limited to a period of 4 years. A PhD training programme is part of the agreement and the successful candidates will be enrolled in the Graduate School of Science and Engineering.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Number of Scholarships: The two PhD positions will be part of the European Horizon2020 project MAGNIFY.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Entrance Requirements: The successful candidates should have:
A Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, applied physics, or in closely related disciplines
Excellent skills and practical experience in one or more of the following research areas: (soft) robotics, systems and control, MEMs, material science, nanofabrication and electrospinning
Strong academic credentials
Written and spoken English proficiency.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have written and spoken English proficiency.
How to Apply: You may apply for this position until 15 July 23:59h / before 16 July 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
Application should include:
• letter of motivation
• CV (including contact information for at least two academic references)
• transcripts from the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree.