University of Southern Denmark PhD Position in Bioimaging for International Students, 2018
Slay queen involved in a car accident, months after flaunting her new ride
A few days ago, a Ghanaian lady got herself trending on social media after she almost stripped naked to celebrate the purchase of her new car.
However, reports has it that the lady is currently hospitalised after she was involved in a car accident which almost claimed her life.
We do hope she survives it.Video Player00:0000:15
TheThe University of Southern Denmark is offering a PhD scholarship in Bioimaging is available at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
The aim of the fellowship is to provide financial aid to international students.
The University of Southern Denmark welcomed the first students onto the campus in Odense in September 1966, and things have been developing by leaps and bounds ever since. We now have five faculties with more than 32,000 students, almost 20% of whom are from abroad, and more than 4,000 employees distributed across our main campus in Odense and regional campuses in Slagelse, Kolding, Esbjerg, and Sønderborg. Several international studies document that we conduct world-class research and are one of the top fifty young universities in the world.
- Applications Deadline: August 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in Bioimaging is available at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark.
- Scholarship Award: Appointment as a PhD Research Fellow is for three years. Employment stops automatically at the end of the period. The holder of the scholarship is not allowed to have other paid employment during the three-year period.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement of 10 November 2015 on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
The successful candidate will be enrolled at this university in accordance with faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order).
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Outstanding candidates with experience in fluorescence spectroscopy and optical microscopies such as wide field fluorescence, confocal and super resolution microscopy, with an education in physics, biophysics, molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry or similar areas are invited to apply. Knowledge and experience with bioimaging, confocal and stimulated emission depletion (STED) microscopy, as well as live cell imaging is an advantage, but can also be acquired during the employment.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Application must be made in the form of a Declaration of Interest including the following:
• A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references)
• A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages) (please attach this under box “Application form”)
• Detailed CV, including personal contact information
• Copies of diplomas, Bachelor as well as Master’s degree, including transcript of notes/grades
• At least two signed reference letters. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: anc-at-sdu.dk mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. And please note that these also need to reach us before deadline.