NSC 24-Month PhD Student Grant at Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw in Poland, 2019
Couple Share Awkward Pre-wedding Picture, Social Media Users React
A couple have cracked many social media users up following the release of their awkward pre-wedding photo.
The awkward pre-wedding photo A couple have trended on social media after they shared a very awkward pre-wedding photo ahead of their wedding. The couple who decided to be unique in the pre-wedding picture, got many online users talking over their manner of pose for the photo-shoot. Various Facebook users took to the platform to react to the pre-wedding shot. See below:
The Faculty of Physics is offering Research Scholarship at University of Warsaw to study in Poland. Scholarship is available for International students.
The project aims at the development of methods for super resolved imaging of nanostructures with the use of hyperbolic metamaterials and compressive imaging in the far field.
0 (0 votes)
The Faculty of Physics is a large research and teaching center. It consists of The Institutes of Theoretical Physics, Experimental Physics, Geophysics, The Astronomical Observatory and The Department of Mathematical Methods in Physics. The Faculty is regarded as one of the best in the country, recognized internationally for the high quality of research and education.
- Applications Deadline: November 2, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD research programme.
- Study Subject: Faculty of Physics University of Warsaw in the framework of NSC-Opus 14 project: “Superresolution hidden in the far-field and spatial-spectral transformations”.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship is intended for one PhD student, however in case of lack of a suitable candidate the commission allows a lower scholarship to be granted to one or two 2nd degree students. Under certain circumstances, the scholarship may change, e.g. after the student is recruited for PhD studies.
- In the case of students from outside the Republic of Poland, the scholarship does not cover the costs of tuition fees or removal costs
- Nationality: Scholarship is available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Poland
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Good background on optics and good knowledge of programming are required,
- Well seen previous work on either electromagnetic modeling, or compressive sensing, or optical measurement techniques
- The candidate has to be subscribed in Poland to PhD studies in physics, or may be preparing a master thesis in physics, nanostructure engineering or in a similar discipline, preferably with a short perspective to subscribe to PhD studies in physics
- Recruitment follows the rules for awarding scholarships set out in the Regulations for the awarding of scholarships in research projects financed from the resources of the National Science Center (annex to the resolution of the NCN Council 96/2016 of 27 October 2016) https://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/uchwaly-rady/2016/uchwala96_2016-zal1.pdf
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The candidate should provide the following documents by e-mail to the Secretariat IGF, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw e-mail:Sekretariat.IGF-at-fuw.edu.pl:
- Application for the position required together with the acceptance for the treatment of personal data – the information clause and the consent clause attached to the announcement. In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
- The acquired diploma (MSc or Bsc) and information about student’s career.
- Current CV and the list of publications 4. Contact details of two persons who can provide information about the candidate.
- In case of foreigners outside of EU, EFTA and the countries that are signatories to the Convention on the Recognition of Qualifications concerning Higher Education in the European Region – a document certifying a diploma in the territory of the Republic of Poland.