Update: Police officers who fatally shot lady and her boyfriend have been arrested
The police officers who murdered a lady and shot her boyfriend in the back of his head following an encounter with the couple who were returning from a club on Saturday, April 13, 2019, in Lagos, have been arrested.
The Commissioner of Police Lagos State, CP Zubairu Muazu had ordered the immediate arrest and detention of the Police Officers suspected to be involved in the shooting of Ada Ifeanyi ‘f’ 20yrs old of No 4b Amusa Lane off Ojo road Ajegunle and Emmanuel Akomafuwa ‘m’ 32yrs old of No. 52 Babatunde Street Olodi Apapa, at Akpiri Street, Olodi Apapa.
According to a statement by DSP Bala Elkana, the Police Public Relations Officer for Lagos State, one of the officers involved in the attack who has gone into hiding, has been declared wanted.
Read the statement below;
‘the incident happened on 13th April, 2019 at about 7.00am. The victims were rushed to hospital and Ada Ifeanyi was confirmed dead while Emmanuel Akomafuwa is currently on admission receiving treatment from the injury he sustained as a result of the shooting.
Members of the team suspected to be involved in the shooting are from Trinity Police Station and are currently facing internal disciplinary proceedings at the Command Headquarters Ikeja. Their Rifles have been retrieved for forensic analysis by Ballisticians. If found wanting, they will be prosecuted in conventional Court for Murder.
The Policemen arrested are (1) Inspector Adamu Usman (2) Sergeant Adeyeye Adeoye (3) Sergeant Kashim Tijani (4) Sergeant Lucky Akigbe and (5) Sergeant Paul Adeoye while Inspector Dania Ojo who escaped immediately after the shooting incident is declared wanted by the Command.
Lagos State Police Command condemned in total these senseless killings of unarmed civilians by few ‘bad eggs ‘ in the Command, who are bend towards denting the image and reputation of the Nation’s Police Force. The Command will not relent in its efforts in ridding the force off these criminal elements. Those involved in extra judicial killings and abuse of power are promptly identified, isolated, tried through internal disciplinary proceedings, dismissed from service and prosecuted in conventional Courts.
Within the last one month, Lagos State Police Command has dismissed four Policemen for abuse of power and conducts unbecoming of Police Officers and awarded various degree of punishments to 41 others. The four dismissed Policemen were charged to Court and remanded in prison custody. Our collective resolve in building a more humane, professional, dedicated, courageous and people oriented Police Force is a task that must be done and together we can make it a reality.
The Commissioner of Police extends the Command’s deepest condolences to the family and friends of Ada Ifeanyi and promised to foot the medical bills of Emmanuel Akomafuwa. The CP calls for calm as the Command will leave no stone untouched in ensuring that Justice prevails.
The Department of Food Science, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, is offering one PhD positions in fruits, vegetables and legumes quality design, with expected commencement on 1 December 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The PhD positions are associated to a newly funded EU Marie S. Curie ITN project, “Enginomics in food quality design: the case of shelf-stable fruit-, vegetable- and legume-based foods”, GOOD ENGINE, with a total of 13 early-stage researcher positions together with other participating institutions (see more below).The aim of this study is to develop spectroscopic methods based on advanced multivariate data analysis for characterizing the colloidal status of fruit-based juices.
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
0 (0 votes)
- Applications Deadline: 10 September 2018
- Course Level: The University of Copenhagen Fellowship is available to pursue the PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The positions are available as a 3 year PhD fellowship in the field Fruits, Vegetables and Legumes Quality Design.
- Scholarship Award:1. Attractive 3-year full-time employment contract in accordance with the MSCA regulations for early-stage researchers of the European Commission – continuation after the first year is dependent upon a positive evaluation.2. Enrolment in a PhD program whereby PhD tuition fee is paid by the project.3. Supervision by recognized experts and access to (beyond) state-of-the-art research and pilot-scale infrastructure.Training in complementary skills via participation at workshops, winter schools and conferences.4. Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State and according to the rules and regulations laid down by European Union’s Horizon 2020 Marie S. Curie Innovative Training Networks.5. The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff (available on request).
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this University of Copenhagen scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: One fellowship is available at the University of Copenhagen.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this sponsorship.
Entrance Requirements: At the time of commencement, it is required that the candidate has not been awarded a doctorate degree and are within the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers. Furthermore, the candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Denmark for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account. The candidate is required to spend part of their project period at other institutions in the FOODENGINE consortium on secondments.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have good English skills.
How to Apply: The application, in English, must be submitted electronically.Please include:
- Cover Letter, describing research career goals, skills and experience
- 2-page research project related to the topic of choice
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Full contact details of two reference persons
- Documentation of English language qualifications
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any)
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministry of Science Technology and Innovation Executive Order no. 1039 of 27 August 2013 PhD Order.