Meet the First Three #BBNaija 4 Housemates
The 2019 edition of bbnaija kicks off in the studio situated in the heart of Lagos, Nigeria.
Meet The First Three Housemates.
Single mom and budding singer Avala is not here to play. Being part of Big Brother Naija is part of pursuing her dreams and she also wants to inspire other young women.
Saidat “Avala” Balogun’s highest point of her life is when she gave birth to her daughter and her single, ‘Give me a chance’. The budding singer studied music and business at York College in Queens, New York. It’s no wonder then that her top artists include one of the city’s most famous exports, Mary J Blidge. Just like the Queen of Hip Hop, the Ogun State native has ambitions to spread her music all over the world.
What irritates you most about other people: Disloyalty.
What will you do with the prize money: My mom is everything to me. I will build a house for her and my daughter. I also want to invest in real estate.
Why will you be a fan favourite: I’m not there to play, they will see that I’m serious, I’m a single mom pursuing her dream. I want to be an inspiration to a lot of people.
Police officer Khafi Kareem believes that you can have it all if you believe in yourself. She is not only hoping to win the prize money but she wants the exposure that being in Big Brother Naija House brings so that she can do societal good. What people don’t know about her is that she is secretly talented in spoken word, singing and dancing. She is an Ekiti native who resides in London.
What irritates you most in other people: When they try to control me or suppress me from expressing myself freely.
What can make you quit the BB game: If I was forced to something sexual in the Big Brother Naija House.
What will you do with the prize money: I will hire a film crew and host a travel show going to every state in Nigeria showcasing the tourist beauty spots. I would also invest in charitable causes.
Model and Entrepreneur Omashola is originally from Delta State, but now calls Lagos home. He loves playing basketball, cooking and “being in the water, even though I can’t swim”. Putting his life’s motto “If you want it, go get it – don’t just sit down” into action this year, Omashola got down on one knee and proposed to his girlfriend. But the worst happened; she turned him down! Now single and focused on building his brand, Omashalo comes into the Big Brother Naija House ready to make his dreams come true.
What irritates you most about other people: I hate liars.
What will you do with the prize money: I will invest and triple it in less than a year.
Why will you be a fan favourite: Because I’m different, I’m special and I have a story to tell.
Having a desire to become skilled in Railway Engineering? Good News! African Railway Center of Excellence is providing scholarships in MSc and PhD in Railway Engineering for the 2019/20 academic year.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Nice opportunity for African students
0 (0 votes)
African Railway Center of Excellence is one of the African Centers of Excellence. It is responsible for creating a skilled workforce in railway fields. It has a research institute under the foundation of already existing Railway Engineering Center.
Why should apply to this program? The program is a huge opportunity for that candidate, who wants to build up a career in the field of Engineering. It will support them in becoming a future leader. They can come to the forefront in the professional world and get employment opportunities.
Application Deadline: June 14, 2019
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from African countries
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: MSc and PhD in Railway Engineering
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this grant, the applicant must be less than six years ago during the time of application. Applicants who have completed their degree from foreign universities are required to obtain their degree equivalent from the Ethiopian Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA) before admission. Female candidates and candidates from underprivileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To be the part of this studentship, seekers must have to enroll in a PhD or MSc degree program in the field of Railway Engineering at Addis Ababa University. After taking affirmation, aspirants can download the award application form and send it to Mr. Dawit Tamru, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com.
- Supporting Documents: You need to attach a personal statement, motivation letter describing your interest to join the program, two letters of recommendations of advisors/ supervisors from previous educational institutions, research proposal including a detailed work plan.
- Admission Requirements: For admission in a MSc degree, claimants should have Bachelor’s degree qualification with at least a CGPA of 3.00/4.00 for males and 2.5/4.00 for females (grading shall be converted to 4.00 and for PhD degree, applicants should have MSc degree qualification with at least a CGPA of 3.50 for males and 3.25 for females (grading shall be converted to 4.00.
- Language Requirement: Aspirants need to submit a certificate that states the English language is a media of instruction in their previous degree issued university.
The bursary will cover the monthly stipend USD600 for PhD students and USD600 for MSc students, tuition fee, health insurance, and transportation cost.