#Xenophobia: South African Businesses Attacked In Zambia (Video)
Man and vigilante catches another man with his wife and makes them continue on camera.
WATCH VIDEO CLICK BELOW Image
Following attacks on foreigners in South Africa, Zambians have reportedly attacked businesses owned by South Africans in their country.
South African businesses attacked in Zambia Videos have surfaced on social media showing the moment a South African business outlet, Pick n Pay in the East Park Shopping Mall in Lusaka, Zambia, was attacked by protesters on Wednesday morning. The protest at the mall located at Thabo Mbeki Road in Lusaka which also houses Builders Warehouse and Food Lovers Market, both South African companies led to its closure. It was also learnt that some University of Zambia students engaged in the protest in which they broke through a barricaded door of the Pick n Pay outlet, armed with shopping trolleys. The protests which rocked Nigeria and Zambia over the xenophobic attacks launched by South Africans against foreigners especially Nigerians, has also led to the closure of Multichoice offices and branches in Nigeria and Zambia. MTN has also closed some stores and service centres in Nigeria, while Shoprite confirmed that several stores in South Africa, Nigeria and Zambia were unable to open due to protest action. Zambian-born singer, B’Flow disclosed that a Zambian radio station Hot FM will no longer play South African music. He averred that South Africans are teaching other African countries to be hostile and also expressed fear that the violence which South Africans instigated might spread to other African countries. See videos below:
Zambia students have taken to the streets boycotting and looting SA businesses. The mess we have created in this country has a dire ripple effect. Can our politicians get off their mansions and do something now2138:48 AM – Sep 4, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacy168 people are talking about this
Peaceful protests all over Lusaka this morning. Almost every South African business has been halted. Sad how South Africa is teaching other African nations to be hostile. What we are seeing in Lusaka has the potential to spread to the rest of Africa. #StopXenophobia16210:06 AM – Sep 4, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacy34 people are talking about this
When will South AFRICANS learn the meaning of AFRICANS? The inhumane treatment and continued attacks on Africans by Africans must come to an end. Who has bewitched you that you should harbor so much resentment towards your own kind? Quit feeling like you are more special than…1056:20 AM – Sep 4, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacySee B’Flow’s other Tweets
Hot FM Zambia will not play music from South Africa until further notice. I hope every African radio station can take a leaf and emulate Hot FM Zambia’s commendable move. #StopXenophobia79111:44 AM – Sep 4, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacy468 people are talking about this
The College of Wooster is sponsoring the Merit-based funding for high calibre international students for the academic year 2019-20 in the US.
The program is open for both first-year or transfer students in order to pursue the undergraduate degree coursework at the College of Wooster.Advertisements
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Great offer to get study fund to pursue an undergraduate degree in the U.S.
0 (0 votes)
Established in 1866, the College of Wooster is a private liberal arts college. It offers a wide range of courses for undergraduate and postgraduate students. It has ranked 14th in the United States among independent colleges.
Why at the College of Wooster? The college wishes to prospective international students to have a superior experience. It provides hands-on teaching for candidates which help them in finding their way for the future career path.
- University or Organization: College of Wooster
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $ 5,000 to $ 30,000 per year
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the US
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from all over the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Bachelor degree coursework in any stream
- Eligibility Criteria: For receiving this award, the applicants must be applying for the undergraduate degree coursework in any of their chosen subjects at the College of Wooster for the academic year 2019-20.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being a part of this program, claimants are recommended to take admission in the bachelor degree coursework at the College of Wooster. After being enrolled, you are spontaneously considered for the grant.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach your secondary school report, official transcript, teacher evaluation, personal essay, and recommendation letters.
- Admission Requirements: For acquiring this educational bursary, applicants must have good scores of ACT or SAT and have to accomplish the admission requirements of the college.
- Language Requirement: Students must receive a minimum TOEFL or IELTS score (or equivalent) of 80 to be considered for admission at The College of Wooster.
Benefits: The eligible students will receive an amount of $ 5,000 to $ 30,000 per academic year based on academic talent, contributions to the high school and local community.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2019