Foursquare Suspends UNILAG Lecturer Exposed By BBC Sex-for-Mark Documentary
A University of Lagos lecturer caught on tape over sex-for-marks has been suspended by the church.
Dr. Boniface Igbeneghu The Foursquare Gospel Church has asked Dr Boniface Igbeneghu, a senior lecturer at the University of Lagos, Akoka, to step down from all ministerial assignments. This was released in a statement on Monday by the National Secretary of the church, Ikechukwu Ugbaja, the church dissociated itself from Igbeneghu, saying appropriate measures would be taken against him. The associate professor had been filmed making amorous advances at a ‘prospective student’ of the University of Lagos. The ‘student’ who was actually an undercover reporter, had introduced herself to Igbeneghu as an admission seeker. She had also claimed to be 17 years old. The senior lecturer had shut the door against her and demanded a kiss, as he drew her closer to himself. The video had attracted criticisms from Nigerians, who demanded that the lecturer be punished. The church’s national secretary said action was being taken on the matter. He said, “The attention of the leadership of the Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria has been drawn to a video clip trending on social media platforms titled, ‘Sex for grades: Undercover in West Africa Universities – BBC News’ wherein a lecturer at the University of Lagos named Boniface Igbeneghu, also described as a pastor in Foursquare Gospel Church, was allegedly involved in sexual misconduct with some female students of the university.“The general public is hereby informed that as holiness and Bible-believing church, we do not condone such heinous and unscriptural acts among our ministers. We totally dissociate ourselves from the purported conduct of Dr Igbeneghu and promise to take appropriate measures as soon as the ongoing investigation is concluded.“Meanwhile, the pastor in question has been asked to step down from all ministerial assignments.”
The motive of the award is to assist and encourage international students for undergraduate or postgraduate study at the University of Notre Dame Australia.Advertisements
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
A worthy option to get study fund for a degree program in the U.S.
0 (0 votes)
The University of Notre Dame Australia is a national Roman Catholic private university. It is one of the top universities in Australia and has campuses in Fremantle and Broome in Western Australia and Sydney in New South Wales.
Why at the University of Notre Dame? They provide valuable individual career support for students. They also conduct group workshops which are promoted through the Student Services and University Schools, as well as provide a range of career management resource.
Application Deadline: October 24, 2019
- University or Organization: University of Notre Dame
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or postgraduate
- Award: $1,000
- Number of Awards: up to three
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: International students are allowed to apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The study fund is available for the bachelors or masters degree program in any field offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: An applicant must meet all the following criteria to be eligible:
- Candidates must be enrolled as an international student at the university in an undergraduate or postgraduate award course
- Aspirants must continue their enrollment at the university for a minimum of one-semester post-award
- Be a student of good academic standing.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to grab this wonderful opportunity then you are advised to take affirmation in the undergraduate and graduate degree coursework at the university either online or you can download the print version of the application. After that to apply for the grant, candidates are required to download the application form and submitted to
Ms. Stefania Demurtas
program Manager, Office of University Relations
The University of Notre Dame Australia 19
Mouat Street (ND1/108), Fremantle WA 6959
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents:
- CV, references (optional)
- Certified copy of your proof of citizenship/residency
- Admission Requirements: Students have to meet the minimum entry requirements of the university
- Language Requirement: Applicants can demonstrate their English language proficiency by completing an English language test or through previous secondary or tertiary study and also accomplish the other english language requirements of the university
Benefits: Each successful scholar will get the amount of $ 1,000 to support their study. There are three awards available