Revealed: The Rare Sickness That Killed Danfo Driver’s Mad Melon
Following his sudden death, more details have emerged revealing the cause of death of Danfo Driver’s Mad Melon.
Mad Melon Son of one-half of the legendary Nigerian music group, Danfo Drivers, Mad Melon, who died last week, Michael Emiefah has revealed the cause of his father’s death. According to him, Mad Melon had been suffering from tuberculosis for some time now. The 18 year-old secondary school leaver made the revelation in a chat with Showtime, during a condolence visit to the family, at their Ezeagu Street, residence in Ajegunle area of Lagos. Michael, who lives with his mother and elder sister, Jennifer in Delta State rushed down to Lagos, upon receiving the sad news of his father’s death. Speaking with Showtime, Michael said Melon had been suffering from tuberculosis for some time now. He described his death as painful, regretting, however, that his late father did not take his health seriously. In an emotion-laden voice, the poor boy said: “He didn’t take his health seriously. He was still indulging in those bad habits he was warned to desist from. His death is painful despite his shortcomings.’‘We heard the news of his death and decided to rush down. I will try my best to take of my mother. I am the man in the house now. Any time I remember him, it pains me in my heart. I don’t know what to do,I can’t cry neither can I laugh. He didn’t stay away from certain things were harmful to his health. I think that was what led to his death,” Michael said. However, condoling the bereaved family last weekend, founder of Mabel oboh Centre for Save Our Stars, MOCSOS, Mrs. Mabel Oboh-Udoh advised Nigerian entertainers to take their health seriously. Community pharmacists worry over exposure of Nigerians to falsified medicines. Oboh said Melon’s death was ‘avoidable’ adding that nobody was aware of his health condition. Contrary to his band mate, Mountain Black’s ranting that was abandoned by the music industry, MOCSOS boss said that the deceased did not seek help from anybody. “Mad Melon was a great talent, a fantastic person. But definitely, something went wrong along the line. This is what my NGO, Save Our Stars is advocating. Nobody was aware of his health condition. He didn’t seek help from anybody and if he had done so, we would have helped to save his life.”“I believe that his death could have been avoided. I am calling on Nigerian artistes to stay away from drugs, bad habits and things that could be harmful to their health. We have to join forces to re-educate ourselves. I am so angry. What I am saying to entertainers is that they don’t have to take our own health insurance scheme. They can take another one or better still, engage the services of a private doctor,” Oboh said. Meanwhile, the burial plans announced by Mountain Black, revealed that there will be wake up on October 11, while his remains will be laid to rest the follow day.
With the aiming of supporting motivated and gifted students, Hochschule Furtwangen University is awarding Scholarships in Germany for the academic year 2019-2020.
The program is funded by the companies and organizations and opens for those eligible candidates who will commence in the master’s degree coursework at the university.Advertisements
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Fab choice for German students to get a master’s degree
0 (0 votes)
The Hochschule Furtwangen University is one of Germany’s leading universities. It is recognized for its excellence in the strong practical focus through collaboration with industry. It provides a top-notch, practice-oriented and professionally recognized academic education.
Why at the Hochschule Furtwangen University? The university provides candidates with skills and knowledge to plan for their future career and successfully transition from student into professional. It provides varied pathways for candidate’s career advancement and professional development.
Application Deadline: October 20, 2019
- University or Organization: Hochschule Furtwangen University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate degree
- Award: €300 monthly
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Six bursaries are available
- Nationality: German students
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Seekers from Germany
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this fund, the applicant must be a German student and have shown themselves capable of outstanding academic and professional performance.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you are interested in this studentship then you are recommended to take affirmation in the master’s degree coursework at the Hochschule Furtwangen University. After taking confirmation, claimants can apply for this education award by sending all the required supporting documents.
- Supporting Documents: Must send the letter of motivation of maximum 2 pages in length, a CV in tabular (German) format, university entrance qualification certificate, proof of a special qualification permitting study in a particular study programme at HFU, or proof of credits taken or not taken in the form of an unadjusted transcript of records, available from the Examinations Office, or internship and employment references, or additional proof of special awards and prizes, other skills and further community involvement, and/or, further documents, which indicate your suitability for the opportunity as set down in the aims of the Germany Scholarship.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted, aspirants are needed to hold their previous degree study certificates.
- Language Requirements: Aspirants need to submit a certificate that states the English language is a media of instruction in their previous degree.
Benefits: Each successful candidate will get the amount worth up to €300 monthly.