Ghanaian Professor To Sue BBC Over S*x For Grades Scandal
Posted by George on Mon 07th Oct, 2019 – tori.ng
The Professor told Citi FM that the video was aimed at tarnishing his image and that he will take legal action against the BBC.
Professor Ransford Gyampo A Political Science lecturer at the University of Ghana (UG), Professor Ransford Gyampo has threatened to initiate a legal action against the BBC over its “S*x for grades” documentary which mentions him [Gyampo] as one of the lecturers who offer grades to students in exchange for s*x. In a radio interview with Accra based Citi FM on Monday, Professor Gyampo denied abusing his power to make sexual advances towards students Professor Gyampo was allegedly implicated in the “s*x for grades” investigations carried out by BBC Africa Eye. “You’ve also seen the video, have you seen anything called sex for grades [in the video]. How can you engage in so-called sex for grade relationship with somebody who is not a student in the first place…, I didn’t see anything like that [in the video] and I have not done anything like that,” he said in the radio interview with Citi FM. Professor Gyampo, who is also the Head of European Studies at the university, according to the BBC report allegedly requested to marry one of the BBC reporters who posed as a student seeking academic favours. In excerpts of the video released on BBC Somalia’s Facebook page, Professor Gyampo persuaded the reporter to meet him at the mall where he was caught on camera making “numerous [alleged] inappropriate demands.” In the report, he also allegedly requested to kiss the reporter. The Professor told Citi FM that the video was aimed at tarnishing his image. He said he will take legal action against the BBC.
If you’re hoping to study in Germany but need funding to do so, then you have an exceptional opportunity to apply for the UNITECH International program in Germany.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Valuable opportunuity for aspirants from all nationalities
0 (0 votes)
UNITECH International is a partnership between nine leading European universities and 22 industry partners. It sets out to expose students to discussions about current issues through a combination of exchange semesters, industry internships, coaching, and workshops.
Why at the RWTH Aachen University? The university provides excellent benefits and terrific career development opportunities for candidates. Here students can get the diversity of occupations and varied pathways for career advancement and professional development.
Application Deadline: January 5, 2020
- University or Organization: RWTH Aachen University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor and master degree
- Award: 1,000 Euros
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: All nationalities
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Aspirants from all over the globe
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Bachelor and master degree in Engineering, Computer Science, and Physics
- Admissible Criteria: The program is targeted at RWTH students in engineering, computer science, and physics, who can exhibit outstanding academic performance and important soft skills and who are in the master’s or at the end of her Bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For taking entrance in this program, seekers are demanded to enrol in the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework at RWTH Aachen University. After enrolling, applicants can apply online for this studentship.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach the passport photo, 300 KB maximum, resume, 2 pages maximum, transcript of records, 2 MB maximum and other documentation, 2 MB maximum.
- Admission Requirements: For taking affirmation, claimants are needed to meet the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirements: You may be asked to provide evidence of your written and spoken English language ability.
Benefits: The sponsorship will be awarded worth up to 1,000 Euros towards your travel expenses.