Earmarked Scholarships for Domestic & International Students at University of Queensland, 2020
Rivers Serial Killing: Prime Suspect Pleads ‘Not Guilty’ To 10 Count Charge
Posted by Amarachi on Thu 21st Nov, 2019 – tori.ng
Port Harcourt alleged serial killer, Gracious David-West has pleaded not guilty to the 10 count charges of murder meted against him.
Prime suspect on the serial killing of women in Rivers state, Gracious David-West on Thursday pleaded not guilty to all ten-count charge involving murder and attempted murder against him before a high court in Port Harcourt.
David-West is being charged for killing up to fifteen females in various hotels in parts of Rivers State in nine counts and attempted murder in the tenth count.
A female manager in one of the hotels where one of the serial killings took place, Nimi Thankgod, who is facing trial along with David-West, also pleaded not guilty to one count of misconduct in the handling of the corpse of an alleged victim.
Nemi Thankgod allegedly dumped, along Aggrey Street, remains of one Patience Omo who was murdered in a hotel she manages within Bendel Street in the Town Area of Port Harcourt.
Vincent Chukwu, Counsel to the prime suspect, David-West, applied for his client’s bail after his not guilty plea to the charges but Counsel to the prosecuting Rivers State Government, Eke Chidi, opposed the application.
Trial judge, Justice Adolphus Enebeli, after hearing the arguments, only granted bail to the 2nd Accused to the tune of five hundred thousand naira (N500,000) and a surety that must deposit four passports, address that must be verified by the court.
The court thereafter adjourned till 9th, 11th, 13th, 15, 19, and 20th of December for continued hearing.
Applications are open to students of any citizenship to join the “Earmarked scholarships to support Category 1 project grants” program for the academic year 2020/21.
The educational award is open to outstanding students to undertake a higher degree by research in Australia. The program provides the opportunity to work with leading researchers and contribute to large projects of national significance.Advertisements
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
A lucky chance for overseas students.
0 (0 votes)
Founded in 1909, the University of Queensland has more career opportunities for not only citizens but also all foreigners and students in Australia. It offers free research commercialization workshops to research candidates.
Why at the University of Queensland? By joining this university, students will get a world-class education and research portfolio, providing a complete and dynamic university experience. This university gives you discounts on public transport, museums, concerts, and cultural events.
Application Deadline: Open
- University: The University of Queensland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Higher Degree by Research
- Award: $28,092
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International or Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to students from all around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The research program will be awarded in all study areas
- Admissible Criteria: To be considered for the award, the applicants should have a 1st class Honours or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mineral Engineering, and Metallurgical Engineering, or equivalent.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you are interested to apply for the grant, you need to take admission to a higher degree by research coursework at the university. After taking affirmation, you should complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: CV, research proposal no more than 2,000 words and Writing Sample and copy of diploma must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, candidates must have a master’s degree from any recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have to accomplish the English language requirements of the university.
The university will provide a tax-free living stipend of $28,092 per annum to the high achieving candidates.