10-year-old Boy Labelled ‘Human Snake’ Because Due To Shedding Of Skin Every Six Weeks
A 10-year-old boy suffers from a skin disorder which makes him shed skin every four to six weeks.
This is very heartbreaking! A ten-year-old boy in India has been dubbed a ‘human snake’ – because a rare condition causes him to shed his skin every month.
The youngster, known only as Jagannath, suffers from rare genetic skin condition called lamellar ichthyosis.
The condition causes the skin to grow too fast, dry out, and shed, much like a reptile’s.
Jagannath’s case is so severe that his skin sheds every four to six weeks.
He is forced to bathe hourly and smear himself with moisturiser every three hours to try to relieve the symptoms.
Shocking photos of the young boy, from the Ganjam district of eastern India, show his skin completely dried out and flaky, stretched over his body like scales.
His skin has become so tight that he is often left unable to walk properly, and needs a stick to help him stretch out his limbs.
Sadly, there is no cure for Jagannath’s condition – and his father, Prabhakar Pradhan, who works as a labourer in a paddy field, can not afford the cost of his son’s treatment.
He said: “My son has suffered this disease since childhood, and there is no cure for it.
“I do not have enough money to take him for a treatment and my heart breaks seeing him suffer with this cursed disease every day.”
A dermatologist in the Indian district, who did not wish to be identified, said: “This disease is not treatable, although some doctors say there is a cure.”
Do you have a desire to pursue your higher studies in the USA? Then go ahead and become a part of the Merit Awards for Graduate Students provided by the American University.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Great opportunity for international students to get full tuition each year for master or doctoral study in the USA.
5 (2 votes)
American University was established in 1892 and is a private research university in Washington. It offers over 160 programs, including 71 bachelor’s degrees, 87 master’s degrees, and ten doctoral degrees, as well as JD, LLM, and SJD programs.
Why at American University? At this university, students engage with leading faculty experts and world leaders, learning how to create change and address issues such as global economic challenges, corporate governance and journalism.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
- University or Organization: American University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters and doctoral
- Award: twelve credits to full tuition each year
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for all over the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: Students have to enrol in the postgraduate degree coursework at the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the grant, students have to take admission in the masters or doctoral degree coursework via the common application or coalition application at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Attach your CV, resume, two academic letters of recommendation, copy of passport, bank statement and academic records.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a previous degree certificate with excellent achievement.
- Language Requirement: Students have to demonstrate their English language proficiency via curriculum or TOEFL or IELTS test scores.
- The awards will provide the waivers ranging from twelve credits to full tuition each year.
- Stipends may also be available.