Coronavirus May Have Been Contracted By Snakes To Humans – Researchers
According to researchers, the deadly Coronavirus is likely to have been passed to humans from snakes sold in china.
Researchers claim the deadly coronavirus spreading around the world from China may have been spread to humans from snakes.
According to the researchers, the SARS-like virus called Coronavirus may have been passed to humans from snakes sold at an open-air market in Wuhan, China. The deadly virus appeared in China last month has killed at least 17 people and infected nearly 600.
Daily Mail reports that researchers have analysed strains of the new coronavirus and compared them to those from others found in different animal hosts like birds, snakes, bats and humans. They found that snakes were susceptible to the most similar version of the coronavirus and likely provided a reservoir for the viral strain to grow stronger and replicate.
Snakes often hunt bats – the original hosts in the 2003 SARS outbreak – and it is thought the 2019-nCoV strain could have jumped from them to the reptiles before being passed to humans, Metro UK reports.
They added that further tests are needed to verify the origin of the latest epidemic. However, the market has since been disinfected and shut down, making the task even more challenging, CNN reported.
With the motive of funding student’s education in the USA, Colorado State University is providing the Honors funding for dazzling international students.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Nice opportunity for international students to get financial help for undergraduate study in the US.
0 (0 votes)
Colorado State University is a public research university and state’s land grant university of the Colorado State University System. It offers 150 programs of study across eight colleges and fifty-five departments.
Why at Colorado State University? CSU provides diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences to strengthen their community. They help students to transform for the professional world experience.
Application Deadline: February 1.
- University or Organization: Colorado State University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelors
- Award: $4,000
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible to apply for the award
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree in any subject area
- Eligibility Criteria: Students must be new, first-year students and have not attended another college or university after high school graduation
- The bursaries are available for students seeking a degree through CSU’s main campus and require enrollment in on-campus credits.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being enlisted in the program, students are advised to take admission in the bachelor’s degree program via the common application or CSU application at the university.
- Supporting Documents: The university may ask you for official high school transcripts, personal statement, essay and letter of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must hold a previous degree certificate.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must be able to demonstrate a good command of English language proficiency.
Benefits: Winners will receive the award amount of $4,000 accredited towards their study expenses.